Overthinking is not good for you!

What goes on in our minds everyday as women!! Sheeesh we seriously have to watch our thoughts!!  Well I do....  Myr thoughts should be monitored, because most of the time they are worrying or stressing about things that are either out of our control or haven't even happened or will not happen.....ugh.  

Blaming the pregnancy hormones I have been a bit anxious this week as our baby girl starting moving quite a bit and I got super excited, so when she didn't move as much I started stressing like nothing else (which apparently is not good for you either ahem).   So I spent a couple nights this week just obsessing with my large tummy begging her to move.  She moved when she normally did when I was lying down sleeping around midnight and 5am but apparently I wanted MORE and made a special trip to go see my GP today to listen to baby girl's heartbeat.  Which was perfectly fine, strong and LOUD.  I knew somewhere in my gut that all was ok, so why didn't i listen to that and to the voice in my head that was making me super anxious.

After some happy tears (from Dr Z and myself) and a big hug I left the GP with a prescription for my asthma medication (because it is in a box somewhere after our move last week) and made me feel like I had a reason to go see my GP hey.... she said come everyday if you want and I will be more than happy to listen to her heartbeat!  Aww bless.  

So I am normal apparently. Being nearly 7 months pregnant I have connected with my little girl and of course I was going to worry if i had just an inkling of something could be wrong. 

So it was ok to worry a little (hah a lot) and so glad I went in and checked things out to be on the safe side and now I feel so much more relaxed and after the nice walk back from Hyde Park, I treated myself to a delicious beef burger (from Create cafe at the Powerhouse museum) and a banana milkshake - because they taste effing amazing & I am sure there is some goodness in the milk that will be absorbed by Jones Junior! You know calcium for strong bones and all that jazz......

So, happy mamma means happy bubba -  back to my yoga breathing and meditation each night to relax myself and control the thoughts, because they are not good for you.  I need more peace and calm in my body.  Trusting the gut is imperative and I would never ignore something major if it happened, but good to know that I have my gp on my side and a very supportive hubby who lets me just be me, all large, swollen, achy and hormonal and he still loves me! 

Winner winner chicken dinner.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Dons Health, Fitness & Wellbeing?

All about breathing in, out and letting go.

Just Start Today