Two huge events happen this year!

Happy Year of the Horse!  As the clocked hit midnight the first thing I thought was,  "I am getting married this year", then proceeded to nap on the couch, got to love being old (well I did drink an entire bottle of French rose to myself and a glass of Moet, party girl really)!

2014 is going to be a great year, I have so many personal goals to smash (health, fitness, career) plus I leave my 30's and head into my 40's -  I love that I will be 40 when I marry my gorgeous 39 year old fiancĂ©.  In true Aries fashion nothing makes me smash goals like leaving things to the last four months before an event, I function much better on a smaller time frame & do think more clearer with some stress (it is a ram thing).  My  lists have started to grow and  I have ordered my lists by month to help me keep calm and have little boxes to tick off.  How very organised of me. Love being super organised. Keep calm and just do it.

My brain goes into overdrive thinking about all the little things to plan for the wedding - sweet things, flowers, wedding bands, bling, hair, make-up - all the lovely girly things.  I thank goddess I have a great bridal party to support me and guide me in the right direction (I may have missed those very girly genes being handed out whilst I was riding my bmx).  But on some level I know everything will turn out and the day will be a success because it involves my love and so many great people dear to us, cake, champers and me in a beautiful dress (pretends to swirl around in a dress). No doves flying out of a cage or spending a fortune on expensive flowers to make sure I LOOK the part, I am having a day that makes ME smile. Our day is going to be a celebration of our love with our closest friends and family, no big hurrah or $50,000 spent on one day, just a low-key, fun filled day with family, friends, cake, champers and dancing the night away.

Turning 40 in March and I am so happy with where I am in my life.  I could do the "thought I would own a house by now and have six kids' spiel but why do that, my life has turned out as it should and I am very content & still look forward to new challenges/goals. My philosophies on life – live, love, laugh, learn. Live in the moment. Love what you have. Laugh with family and friends. Learn from mistakes. There is no such thing as perfect and who would want to live in a perfect world anyways? You wouldn't laugh at silly mistakes or realise how lucky you are when you have those down days, life is a roller coaster my friends and the more we adapt to live the better we will live it knowing that everyday we are truly blessed.

So how to celebrate turning 40, I am thinking a fantasy type theme... afternoon party with close friends and laughing, lots.  I won't worry about how many people I have attend, I will know those close friends will make it and that is all that matters, oh plus cake and champers of course.  Not too much, I do have that itsy bitsy tiny (no polka dots) bikini to get into.  Something like this perhaps?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is Dons Health, Fitness & Wellbeing?

All about breathing in, out and letting go.

Just Start Today